Sunday 11 September 2011

And we have a loss (phew)

Well weigh in this morning and pleased to see a 600g loss.  Was on track for a better loss but I did have a hens night last night which involved dinner out and some drinks.  I knew well in advance that I was going to be heading out Saturday night so that was my 'cheat' meal for the week.  And when we hit the dance floor I stayed on for some of those dodgy pub songs to burn just a few extra calories (who am I kidding, I stayed cause I haven't been out dancing with the girls in forever!).
My goals for September are:
* lose 2kg bodyfat
* Bodypump twice/week
* Train 5 days/week
* Increase Pump weights in Squats, Back and Triceps
* Run 3km
I have been keeping my training plan for the week and managed to train 5 days, 2 of those days were Bodypump classes.  I have also been doing the Couch to 5km iPhone application and have just currently completed week 4.  I also increased my squat weight this week and definately felt it the next day.  So I have had a great week in regards to working towards each goal. 
I can't stress how useful I find having a training schedule.  On a Sunday night I take 5mins to sit down and work out what I will be doing for the week.  As I go the gym a couple of times a week for classes I always put those workouts in first and then work the rest of the week around that.  On Saturday I slept in and wasn't really feeling like training but when I looked at my schedule and saw I already had my workout planned I just thought "suck it up and do it" and of course I felt a million times better afterwards.
So all up I'm fairly happy with the week.  Had a few hurdles to overcome with the hens night, Brett going away for work for the day and Bella getting sick (resulting in 4 of us sleeping in the bed at one stage).  My actual training for last week was:
Monday - Bodypump (gym)
Tuesday - AM Bodycombat (home)
                PM Treadmill C25K
Wednesday - Rest Day
Thursday - Bodypump (gym)
Friday - Combat challenge and weights
             Treadmill C25K
Saturday - Treadmill C25K and 2 rounds of 75 squats and 30 pushups
My aim this week is to start walking my dog a few mornings a week and making the most of this perfect weather.  Please share with me how your week was (weigh in and training). 
I'll leave you all with a photo of my main 'chore' this week.  As I said in my last entry I was off to spring clean the workout gear aka Lorna Jane clothes, and have only got halfway through the tops at this stage (and I think I've only managed to throw out 2).  This is the before shot and hopefully by the time I do my next post I will have a well organised after shot:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bec, great to see that you had a good loss. I have been struggling over the last 2 weeks to get any motivation to exercise or eat properly. Confession for the week, went to Gladstone for work yesterday, missed eating all day got home and ate the rest of a packet of BBQ chips (left over from a party on the weekend) and that hasn't been my only lapse for this week. Really need to get myself back on track, so the plan for the weekend will be to sit down and go through the many 4 week challenges I have and make myself a plan. I need to set up my equipment again as it had been pushed to one side to mnake room for a party

    I certainly agree that calorie counting takes a lot of time, but am going to chellenge myself to do it aleast the next 2 weeks but hoping that all goes well and I will make it to 4 weeks.

    Heres to a better week.

    Cheers
    D

    ReplyDelete