Monday 19 March 2012

Apple Oat Muffin Recipe

Weigh in on Sunday and lost 400g.  Mixed emotions about the loss, was hoping for more but then having said that I am actually quite happy with where I am at now so I'm not stressing about the scales too much.  Would like to gradually drop 1 or 2 more kilos, just to get rid of that dreaded baby belly :(
Made my first batch of Apple Oat muffins on the weekend, very easy and quite yummy.  The recipe made about 12 medium size muffins.  I have frozen some to have as quick easy snacks throughout the week.  I start work early nearly every morning and don't usually have breakfast until a couple of hours later so there's a great pre-work or pre-training snack as they have a mix of carbs and protein.

APPLE OAT MUFFINS

1 cup almond meal
1 cup oats (I did soak my oats first, but I don't think I will next time)
1 cup natural/greek yoghurt
2 tabs. cinnamon
2 tabs. natvia (natural sweetener - I didn't have natvia so I used Rapadura)
2 eggs
1 large or 2 small apples - grated

Mix all ingredients together well.  Spoon into muffin trays and bake at 180 degrees for 20-25 mins. 


I personally think they are best served warm, and be sure to limit yourself to only 1 or 2 per day.


No comments:

Post a Comment