Thursday 15 September 2011

Back on the stage.

Well it's mid week wrap up time.  Had a great start to the week with the highlight so far taking part in the Bodypump launch Tuesday night at the gym I work at. 

I stopped teaching pump before I fell pregnant as I wanted to spend more time on my personal training business but I continued to attend pump classes and it was always a top priority once I fell pregnant to try and do one class a week.  During my pregnancy I loved doing weight/resistance workouts as I felt like I was getting a really good workout without raising my heartrate too high.  And now I'm not pregnant and trying to lose this stubborn baby weight I am trying to do at least 2 pump classes a week.  When I first started teaching Bodypump I couldn't believe how much it changed my shape!!  The numbers on the scales didn't change but people were asking if I had lost weight.  I really, really, really do believe it is one of THE best workouts to help get you in shape, obviously along with clean eating. 
But if you don't have a gym membership, or your gym doesn't have Bodypump classes you can still achieve some great results by doing your own resistance workouts.  I think it's important to include 2 resistance sessions to your weekly workouts and the best thing about it is you don't need expensive equipment and gym memberships to do them.  Your body is the best piece of training equipment you can learn to use - squats, pushups, lunges, hovers, dips, crunches - just to name a few of the many exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home.  There are many different ways you can train ie working for a set time, set number of reps and sets and one of my favourites is Tabata training.  I will go into more detail on this next week ;)
Unfortunately yesterday and today I am fighting off the cold that my 2 year old is kindly sharing throughout our household :(  I only did a low intensity session yesterday and today I had an unplanned rest day.  I did struggle with my decision to not train this afternoon (Bodypump class was on the plan) but as I am breastfeeding I can't take any medications and limited vitamins to help me fight off a cold and I really don't want to get any worse if I can help it.  So a day off training was the best choice and I'm going to get stuck into lots of water and fruit over the next few days. 
My other big achievement this week was finishing off my spring clean of my workout clothes ie Lorna Jane, and everything is sorted and organised again now. 

But I must admit I really didn't get rid of that much gear.  A girl can never have too much LJ right?  Although my husband might not agree with that.
Have a great rest of the week everyone and before the week is out see if you can get in 1 resistance training session :)

No comments:

Post a Comment