Wednesday 7 September 2011

So far, so good!

Well things are looking heaps better this week so far.  Ok I admit I have given in and sneakily jumped on the scales and was glad to see a loss (I'm not telling how much, you'll have to wait a few more days for that).  Just have to keep on track until Sunday but hoping for a good week.  I've managed to keep my calories pretty much in line every day so far.  Was over by about 80cals yesterday but I did wake up starving and with a headache so by listening to my body I knew I needed to up them just a little bit. 
I don't recommend counting calories all the time as it can become very time consuming but I think it is great to do it for a week or two to get back on track and just remind yourself of how quickly those little calories add up.  I have often used http://www.calorieking.com.au/ to track calories as I find being an Australian site it is always accurate and quite easy to search for foods.  However I don't get to my laptop as much as I used to and when I feed Brandon I am usually using that time on my iPhone to check the all important things, like facebook and emails (note to self - MUST hide the credit card bill from Brett, online shopping emails are bad!! Good, but bad!!).  I have found it much easier and convenient to track my calories on my iPhone.  I have trialed a few calorie couting apps before and found them to be not as convenient as they are usually American but I downloaded a few new ones I hadn't seen before to try and am loving 'Calorie Counter by Fatsecret'.  It has all the Aussie foods (including alot of Coles and Woolworths brands) and you can even scan/key in barcodes to save time searching for the right product. 
I had a great day of training Monday and Tuesday.  Even managed to get 2 workouts in on Tuesday (one in the morning and one in the afternoon).  Loving the treadmill we purchased just before Brandon was born as it makes it really easy to get on there when I can keep the kids distracted.  I managed 30mins of intervals by pulling out the play dough for Bella to play with and putting Brandon in his bouncer beside me while he was sleeping.  Luckily from day 1 that boy has been able to sleep through any noise as I need to run with the music pumping!  I had an unplanned rest day yesterday as Brett flew to Brissy for the day so I had no alone time from 6am-9pm and I was out all day also.  Unfortunately on some days I know that the children do have to be a priority and training may just get missed - occasionally. 
Each week I am aiming to do 1 new workout, 1 mini workout (usually before or after doing treadmill intervals) and also cook 1 new meal.  I will share these with you so feel free to include them in your workouts and meal plans.  My new meal was Chicken and Corn pie (didn't think to take a photo, still getting used to this blogging business) and was quite yummy and filling at around 300cals/slice.  My mini workout this week which I have planned to do on the weekend is 75 squats and 30 pushups - 2 rounds. 
Well I'm off now to spring clean through my Lorna Jane clothes.  Hhmmm I wonder if I will throw anything out....

No comments:

Post a Comment