Wednesday 28 December 2011

Back to basics.

Well the man in the red suit has been and certainly spoilt the little people (and the big people) in our house.  I hope he was generous to you all :)
I'm enjoying my last couple of weeks at home as a mummy before my return to work on the 9th January and the chaos of working split shifts, sleepless nights and organising 3 children (2 littlies and the hubby) hits!  Definitely feeling mixed emotions about it all as I've really enjoyed my time at home, but I do miss my clients and having some regular "adult" time.
So I've decided for the last couple of weeks of "mummy" time I'm forgetting about schedules, scales and all things technical (heart rate monitor etc) when it comes to training.  I highly recommend EVERYONE forget about the scales for the next week or so until you feel like your training and eating is back on track.  Once you're back on track give yourself a week and then weigh and measure to start off the new year. 


I'm still teaching a couple of classes throughout the week but other than that, I'm training for fun.  Bella and I made the most of our Chrissy pressie the other day and had a great dance around to the Wii Just Dance and Just Dance Kids games.  It is seriously such a good workout, but so fun that you don't even realise how hard you are working.  Brandon was loving it too as he sat in his bouncer and laughed at mummy dancing lol. 
So even though I'm not doing alot of structured exercise I'm increasing my incidental exercise where I can.  Yesterday I caught up with a good friend who I don't get to see very often, and instead of meeting for coffee we went for a walk.  Mind you it was more a leisurely stroll and a gossip but it was still the better alternative. 
However, most of you are hopefully using this time of year, with the extra public holidays and days off, to train harder so I want to leave you all with a couple of short training sessions. 

Workout 1:
     10 rounds of: 100m sprints and 10 pushups

Workout 2:
     As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes of: 
     10 box jumps and 5 pullups (alternative - burpees)

The last thing I want to leave you with for 2011, is forget about setting New Years resolutions.  New Years resolutions are destined to fail.  Instead find a spare 10minutes and sit down and seriously think about your GOALS for 2012.  Set a few long term goals (to aim for over the year) and then break them down to set some short term goals (anywhere from 4-12 weeks).  Goals need to be Specific, Measurable, Achievable and Realistic.  And always give yourself a set Time to achieve them by.  Think S.M.A.R.T when setting your goals. 
My next blog (the first in 2012) I will share with you my achievements (and downfalls) from 2011, and my goals for 2012.  Bur for now have a fantastic New Years Eve, stay safe and healthy and I look forward to sharing more of my "Be Hot After Baby" adventures with you in the new year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment