Thursday 8 December 2011

Off on a mini break...from my scales and life xx

Well I've rebelled this week and not weighed in.  I've had my scales in my gym bag for the week and it's probably been the best thing for me as I was starting to weigh myself a little bit too often.  And I'm off today on a mini beach break and won't be weighing until I come back next week. 
I'm really excited to get away for a few days.  It will be great to spend some quality time with my kiddies without having to worry about checking emails, work planning or stressing about the housework getting done.  The only downside is my biggest kid (aka hubby) won't be with us the whole time :(  But we will get some time altogether as a family.
I'm also excited to have a break from my usual training regime.  As much as I love my Bodypump and Bodycombat classes, they are pretty much all I've been doing lately.  I'm struggling to shift my last few kilos and have the dreaded "jelly belly" which I loathe with a passion.  So I'm looking forward to getting outdoors, away from the norm and hitting up some hardcore workouts.  I'm going to aim for some HIIT cardio and some intense resistance training (think Tabata).  I've got my workout clothes, joggers and some training gear packed and ready to use.

I've thrown in a couple of dvd's and a Health and Fitness Home training magazine.  I've also got a fantastic little iPhone app. called 365 Workouts.  I'm setting myself the challenge in the 2 weeks lead up to Christmas to do the daily workout off this app, starting from tomorrow. 
For example today's workout is:
Five rounds of - 20 squat thrusts (burpee with no pushup) and 8 one arm pushups.
hhmm kinda glad that I'm starting tomorrow and not today lol.  It's a fun little app and I highly recommend it.  I will do my normal training session and then just finish off each session with the daily workout. 

Well I'm off to finish packing.  It's a good thing I'm taking a few days away from my laptop as I'm turning into an obsessed, on line shopper.  I think I see my parcel man nearly every day :S  But yesterday's parcel was a bargain pair of toning joggers that I had purchased. 

I'm not one to fall for the advertising gimmick of these styles of shoes.  Basically I bought them because they were cheap, they look good and I go through heaps of shoes in my line of work.  But after wearing them yesterday I've fallen in love even more!!  Super cute and super comfy.  Now I just need to remember where I bought them from and see if they have any more in stock....

No comments:

Post a Comment