Saturday 17 December 2011

'tis the Season.

Well the crazy Christmas rush has hit and I can't believe that this time next week I'll be one big meal down, and one more to go ;)  I had a great little getaway down the beach last weekend but it just didn't last quite long enough. 
I managed to get in a couple of training sessions although it was a bit harder than I thought as hubby didn't have time off work so it was just me and the 2 kiddies most of the time, and I usually train before they wake but of course they both decided that 5:30am was a great wake-up time on holidays - little treasures. 
I was very grateful though that my mum offered to watch Brandon on the morning Bella went to daycare so I got an hour of "me" time.  And I can't believe how fantastic it felt!!  I went for a lap and a half at the Bluff at Kemp Beach.  And halfway through the walk I realised this was the first time in a very, very long time that I've had time like this to myself.  Sure I get time to train but usually it's at the gym with other people, or walking the dog which is the same scenery every time, or at home where I'm constantly reminded of the housework to be done, or being interrupted by the kidlets.  This was a full hour of peace and solitude.  I cranked the music in my car on the way there and enjoyed the scenery and tranquillity as I walked instead of thinking of how much washing I needed to do, or going through bodypump chorey in my head.  I highly recommend it for every mummy, even if it's just one hour a month.  Get a babysitter, get outside and go for a walk somewhere different and just enjoy your own company and thoughts.
My idea of "Heaven"

I also managed to do my i365 workouts each day and a couple of leg/ab workouts.  Cardio was harder as I had planned on doing some dvd's but the upstairs of the house we were at had wooden floors and I don't think the downstairs guests would appreciate me jumping around at 6am :)
So with one week until Christmas and only 3 weeks until I officially return to work after having 6 months off, I'm taking the pressure off!  I'm not weighing, I'm not planning and I'm not stressing about training.  BUT I'm also not forgetting about it.  I'm going to try to include some sort of physical exercise MOST days of the week.  I'm going to enjoy my last 3 weeks as a full time mummy and treasure this extra time with my babies. 
I will get in one more blog this week with some tips on surviving the festive season.  But until then just move when you can and don't use Christmas as an excuse to ditch the clean eating, after all Christmas is only one day, not a week or more ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment