Tuesday 15 November 2011

Birthday week!!!

Sorry for the late entry this week but it's Birthday week!  My gorgeous girl turned the big 3 yesterday and I have a party planned for the weekend (I think I've planned it waaay out of my depth, silly mummy lol) so this week is just hectic. 

Weigh in on Monday - not good :(  Put on bloody 500g grrr.  But I am having feeding issues with bub and I know my food wasn't as good as the previous week.  For the next few weeks I am going to take the focus off training (just a touch cause I do love my training sessions) and focus more on food.  I am struggling to get 4 hours sleep a night at the moment as bub has started waking for extra feeds and I've started back work 4 early mornings a week.  So instead of stressing about getting up at 5am on my mornings off I need to realise it's ok to have a sleep in and just eat cleaner throughout the day. 
Having said that I hit the gym this afternoon to do my own weights session on the gym floor and it felt fantastic!!  I've been so caught up in my Bodypump classes lately that I had forgotten how much I missed doing free weights.  If I only had time to do 2 or 3 training sessions a week, I would make them all resistance/weight training sessions.  The benefits of weights are huge, but unfortunately alot of ladies are scared to train weights for numerous reasons - fear of bulking up, cardio makes you lose weight faster, intimidated by training with the big boys, unsure of technique - just to name a few.   Ladies don't be scared of picking up a dumbbell and showing the boys on the floor how it's done.  Speak to the trainers at your gym if you are unsure of technique, or even book in for a few personal training sessions to learn more. 
And if you don't have a gym membership, using your body weight is one of the fastest ways to get in shape - pushups, squats, lunges, burpees, situps etc.  I've told you all before and I'm sure I'll tell you all again :)
Since it's my favourite girls birthday this week I though I would share with you one of my favourite workouts.  I have used this one before on my clients and have also done it myself a few times.  It is inspired on the Crossfit training principles.  It's a high intensity workout designed to leave you unable to get off the floor at the end of the last round (and if you didn't need to lie on the floor for at least 5mins after doing it, you didn't work hard enough):
6 Rounds for time of:
600m Run
6 Squats
6 Pushups
6 Situps
6 Deadlifts
6 Burpees
6 Push Press
As it's only low reps, you've gotta go heavy with the weights (but be sure you're technique is spot on first).

I was going to share a photo with you from Bella's birthday yesterday but my silly laptop has been playing up for weeks and doesn't seem to want to download one properly for me.  And yes for those of you that know me personally, my husband DOES work in the IT industry and I've been complaining about it to him for months.  It's hard to get good help around here :P
Have a great training week - stay cool (if possible) and hydrated when training! 

No comments:

Post a Comment