Tuesday 1 November 2011

Week 1 Training Schedule and Meal Plan

Just thought I'd do a quick write up for my week 1 (of 6 weeks) training schedule and meal plan.  Just before I had my second bub I started doing a weekly meal plan up.  I began this for a number of reasons - to save money and stop impulse buying, to reduce the temptation of takeaways and to be better organised for meals at night as once I return to work I'll be working evenings again with 2 littlies and a husband to organise eeeek!  I will admit that in the 5 or so months I've been meal planning, I don't think there has been one single week where we have managed to stick to it.  But that's generally because we always end up with so many leftovers or if I've had a bad day with the kids (guaranteed at least one a week lol) I may need to find a quicker, easier meal to cook.  I highly recommend meal planning for new mums, if you're time poor or wanting to eat healthier.

So my meal plan for this week is:
Monday - Homemade lasagna and salad
Tuesday - Chicken and Cashew Coconut Curry
Wednesday - Zucchini Slice and salad
Thursday - Lamb cutlets and Quinoa Salad (will be the first time making this salad)
Friday - Homemade Pizza and salad
Saturday - Easy No Crust Quiche and salad
Sunday - Fish and salad (I buy the microwave steamed fish)

Fish and salad

The biggest factor with our meals are they need to be suitable for not only me, but also my husband and 3 year old.  I could live on meat and salad every single night but Brett needs something more substantial and Bella needs variety so she doesn't become a fussy eater.  I try to cook normal, family friendly meals and I just have to keep my portion size down and add salad to make them more filling.  I also own a Thermomix which I use probably for 90% of our night meals so everything is made from scratch and as it chops everything quite small, and within a matter of seconds, I can hide vegies in lots of things we eat ie lasagna.

My Training schedule this week:
Monday - 6am BodyPump and 4:30pm BodyCombat
Tuesday - 30mins Inclines Intervals on Treadmill and 30mins Legs/Abs
Wednesday - 30mins Cardio (hoping to get to 6am BodyCombat) and 30mins Full Body
Thursday - 30mins Interval running and 30mins Upper body and Core
Friday - 6am BodyPump (teaching) and 30mins Cardio
Saturday - 30mins Cardio (outside intervals) and 30mins Full Body
Sunday - REST DAY AND SLEEP IN YAY!!

I've had some really bad nights over the last week with the baby, the toddler and the puppy all waking up numerous times through the night.  It has been a struggle to do some training sessions, especially the early morning ones, but I just remind myself how much better it will make me feel. 
I'll leave you with the Incline Intervals on did on the tready this arvo.  I love interval work for 2 reasons - the main reason is you can burn more calories which means faster results.  And the other is I find it makes the time go quicker lol.

Warmpup - easy pace 3mins
Incline walk or jog - 30secs
Recovery (drop incline and pace if needed) - 30secs
Incline - 60secs
Recovery - 60secs
Incline - 90secs
Recovery - 90secs
Incline - 2mins
Recovery - 2mins
Incline - 2 and 1/2mins
Recovery - 2 and 1/2mins
Incline - 2mins
Recovery - 2mins
Incline - 90secs
Recovery - 90secs
Incline - 60secs
Recovery - 60secs
Incline - 30secs
Recovery - 30secs
Cooldown - easy pace 3mins

No comments:

Post a Comment