Sunday 23 October 2011

Achieved nothing but everything

Well not too much to report for last week.  A great week of "holidays" saw a 200g loss from me and a new fence built from hubby.  As it was our holiday week I had banned the gym and counting calories so I'm pleasantly surprised with a loss, considering I only trained twice and we ate out 3 nights for dinner :S  I have still been nesting like crazy which is bizarre as I think I nested for about 1 day with my first pregnancy.  So I did sacrifice exercise a few times for spring cleaning.  Even though it wasn't a great week of training I do feel a sense of accomplishment in getting some much needed organising done around the house, mind you though I still have a long way to go, but I also look at it as I've also got alot of extra calorie burning to do too ;)
The biggest effect of only training 2 days this week is I've been one cranky mummy!  I don't just exercise because I'm wanting to lose my baby weight, I exercise because it gives me more energy and makes me feel soooo much better.  And once again by having a slack training week I've proved that to myself.  I woke up yesterday morning in a bad mood for the second day in a row so within the first 2 hours of being awake I had already done my meal plan and training schedule for this week.  I came across a great quote on a facebook page this week (and I can't for the life of me remember which page but I'll try to find it and share):

This quote just reminded me of why I get up early, even when I've had the worst night sleep, and why I put my LJ gear and joggers on, even when I feel like I have no energy.  The feeling after a great workout is one I wish I could bottle up and sell because I know I would be a guaranteed millionaire :)
So I've scheduled lots of early morning workouts this week, which is going to be a struggle because I haven't been training early mornings in the last couple of weeks.  But I have 2 motivations for getting up - the first is I know it makes me feel so much better all day after I train early, and the second is I am preparing to go back to work for a few hours a week very soon and they will be early shifts so I may as well start getting used to it now :)  I'm sure my clients and class participants don't want a tired, grumpy trainer/instructor yelling at them lol.  My other goal this week is to drink more water.  With the weather turning cooler this week I know I've hardly been drinking any water and my skin is showing the effects. 
I'll leave you with my training schedule for the week.  I would love to know what you have planned, let me know :)

Monday - 6am BodyPump, 4:30pm BodyCombat
Tuesday - 30mins Treadmill Intervals (will have to do this workout during the day with the kidlets)
Wednesday - 6am BodyCombat (Timmie you have permission to text me at 5:30 to make sure I've got my butt out of bed lol)
Thursday - 6am Walk dog, 4:30pm BodyPump
Friday - 6am BodyPump
Saturday - 6am - Walk dog and 3 rounds of 50 squats/pushups/lunges/crunches/50secs hover
Sunday - Rest day

No comments:

Post a Comment