Monday 3 October 2011

The highs after the lows.

Weigh in on Sunday was my best yet - 1.8kg down thank you very much.  I admit I did do a bit of a happy dance.  I know my weight fluctuates heaps when breastfeeding so will see how weigh in goes this week, especially as I did a huge double workout on Saturday which nearly killed me(Bodycombat and Bodypump).  I did have a fantastic training week though as I was covering some Bodypump classes so I did 4 pumps and we launched the new Bodycombat at gym so did 2 classes of that, and 1 walk.  I love Bodypump!!  If you push yourself in the workout it really can change your shape and I love the feeling of working towards a strong, lean physique.  But if you don't have a gym membership it's just a matter of doing some body weight exercises at home.  Don't forget the tabata workout is a fantastic one to help lose weight, increase strength and tone up http://pregnancyweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/2011/09/tabata-training.html
Ok so I promised I would post the recipe for my banana bread.  I own a thermomix (seriously the best purchase of my live EVER) and it takes me about, oh, 2 mins to whip this up in it.  I'll post the Thermy recipe and then a conversion as well.  I'm only guessing how to do the conversion as I've never made it any other way so if you find a better way than what I've posted, please let me know so I can change it :)

Ingredients:
100g Self Raising flour
50g butter
75g brown sugar
50g sultanas (or dates)
15g walnuts (I used an additional 15g on top also)
1 egg
225g Banana flesh

Thermomix Method:
Chop the sultanas/dates and walnuts on speed 7 for 15secs.  Put aside for later.
Add flour and butter to bowl and crumb on speed 5 for 5secs.  Add the sugar, walnut and sultana mixture, egg and bananas.  Mix on speed 7 for 10secs.  If the mix looks too runny add an extra tbs of SR flour.
Pour into a loaf tin and place a few walnuts on top and bake in a preheated oven on 180 for 35mins. 

The Longer Method (on the plus side you will burn more calories making this):
Chop your sultanans/dates and walnuts as finally as possible. 
Add flour and butter to bowl and using fingertips crumb together.  Add the sugar, walnut and sultana mixture, egg and mashed bananas.  Mix together using a wooden spoon until everything is combined well (this will take you longer than 10secs lol).  I'm guessing you could mix this in the blender too if you wanted.  If the mix looks too runny add an extra tabs of SR flour. 
Pour into a loaf tin and place a few walnuts on top and bake in a preheated oven on 180 for 35mins. 




I cut mine into 10 slices.  This is the nutritional breakdown on each slice:
Calories - 145
Carbs - 22g
Fat - 5.8g
Protein - 2.3g

The worst thing about this banana bread is having the willpower to just have 1 piece!  So I'll leave you with a workout today, that you may need to do after having your banana bread (especially if you have that second slice)
Four rounds of:
25 squats
20 lunges
15 crunches
10 pushups

4 comments:

  1. Well done Bec. I have the training right just can't get the eating right. My head doesn't seem to be in it at the moment.

    Keep up the blogs I'm hoping that one day my mind will just click into place and I will get everything balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reciepe!! Def gunna be hard to stop at one slice. :)

    Loving your blog, it gives me motivation and keeps me focused on working hard. Very jealous of your 1.8kg loss. I worked my butt off food and exercise wise this week for a 400g loss. Still a loss, but was hoping for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies.
    Jade I know exactly how you feel. The week I lost 500g I was so disappointed because I had worked so hard :( But you're exactly right, a loss is a step in the right direction. I'm actually really scared that this Sunday I may have an big increase because my weight is fluctuating like crazy at the moment with breastfeeding and hormones lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Bec, that's an awesome result! I'm loving reading your blog, it's given me some motivation to get my eating back on track - next is the training!

    ReplyDelete