Wednesday 12 October 2011

Never having a week off cardio training again!

Well I'm a bit late with my weigh in blog this week but I still did weigh in on my regular day - Sunday.  Weigh in was up 300g which I'm actually ok with, as I had such a bad week training wise and food wise.  Just quietly I was very worried it may have been more than that.  Although I did hit a milestone last week by fitting into a pair of pants that I hadn't been able to since being pregnant which was exciting (yes I'm excited by the little things lately lol). 
So last week with the rather unpleasant disruption of a sick 2 year old I didn't really get alot of training time.  Mind you that is a bit of an excuse because I could have managed to do more if I really wanted to.  But having said that it doesn't hurt to drop the intensity back occasionally in training for a recovery for your body and sometimes your mind.  So if you have been training hard and have an off week PLEASE don't beat yourself up for it.  It could actually make your results better in the long run.  So I only managed 3 Bodypump classes and absolutely no cardio sessions at all.  And didn't I pay for that on Monday when I did Bodycombat!!  I team taught the class and luckily I was only teaching 4 of the 10 tracks.  By track 7 (that nasty, nasty Muay Thai track) I was absolutely shattered.  But the best thing about being in a class is no matter how much it hurts, you never want to stop ;)
BodyCombat 49 Launch (3 weeks ago) - Timmie and myself

This week has been a great week so far - 2 BodyPumps, 2 BodyCombats and a walk.  But I'm obviously a sucker for punishment cause my baby boy has just started sleeping through and I went and got myself a new baby yesterday, a super cute Maltese x Shih tzu puppy.  So I had a very restless night with the puppy, not the baby.  But I figure now was a good time to get a puppy since I'm used to having no sleep lol.  So the training may go out the window over the next couple of days while we try and settle the new addition. 
Bella and 'Barbie'

I'll leave you all with a mini workout for the week.  This week I've chosen a cardio workout that can be done on a treadmill or outdoors:
1.6km run (or walk) - 3 mins recovery
1.2km run (or walk)- 2 mins recovery
800m run (or walk) - 1 min recovery
400m sprint (or jog)
Try to increase the speed as the distance gets shorter.  Love this workout, without even realising it you've run 4km.  Enjoy the rest of the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment