Friday 7 October 2011

Lunch Time!!

I haven't had my best week this week unfortunately.  My little miss 2 came down with the delightful vomiting bug Tuesday night (which I was unlucky enough to experience all down my top 5mins before I had to teach a Bodypump class - the glamorous life of a mother).  I spent Tuesday night with her on the lounge room floor and me on the couch, and we were watching Barbie DVD's at 2am - I must say I much prefer the shopping channels ;)  Needless to say on Wednesday I was shattered!!  I was extremely tired and had a very whiny little girl so the exercise and clean eating went straight out the door.  I will admit I am a victim of the 'emotional eating' and I find I suffer really bad from it when I'm tired.  And it's a vicious cycle cause when you're tired and then eat crap, you're going to be even tireder.....is that even a word?  So I did fall off the wagon a bit this week and the meal I found has suffered the most was my lunches.  Even though I didn't have huge calorie blowouts, I only had cheese and crackers for lunch for the last 4 days which has very little nutritional value and left me looking for anything sugary I could get my hands on (yep I've even been eating the poor girls toilet training lollipops lol).  So it's a perfect time for not only you guys, but myself, to give you some healthy, easy and satisfying lunch ideas.

Some of my favourite and regular lunch's are:
*  Turkey and cranberry Mountain bread wraps - spread cranberry jam on one end of a wrap, place 40-50g of turkey on it and then top with spinach and sprouts.  I also added a slice of swiss cheese for the first time the other day and it was divine!  As I only use 1 wrap for this one I find it may not be filling enough (comes in at about 150 cals without the cheese) so I will also have a yoghurt or fruit etc.

*  Tuna Salad (pic below).  Small tin tuna in springwater with whatever salads you like and a serve of fetta cheese.

*  Egg sandwich (I only have these if I have bought fresh bread as I'm a bit fussy lol)  I use 1 egg with a bit of mayo and top with spinach.

*  Meat and salad Mountain bread wrap (pic below).  I will either use a small tin tuna in springwater or my new discovery is the Moira Mac's diced chicken breast (find in the same section with the hams, Bacon etc).  I use 2 wraps as I top the meat with heaps of salads - cucumber, carrot, grated cheese, beetroot, spinach and beans - and it just stops the wrap from breaking up. 

Probably 80% of my lunches are one of the above meals.  I love the convenience of tuna and I always seem to have heaps of tins in my pantry.  Plus it is low calorie (in springwater, watch out for some of the oily and/or flavoured ones) and high protein.  I also love, love, love the convenience of the Mountain bread wraps.  When you purchase them they usually have at least a months expiry on them (unopened) and they are also low calorie. So both the tuna and wraps are great pantry items.  And I always purchase fresh salad, vegies and fruit each week so I've always got things to put on the wraps.  But for all the busy new mummies I find the turkey wrap is so quick and easy to make.  It's always my lunch on days when I'm busy, eating late or just feeling lazy lol.  I hope this gives you some ideas anyway.
Well my little man is beside me demanding some love and attention so I must go and entertain him.  I have to admit I'm not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow after such a big loss last week and a shocking week this week.  But I'm prepared to take the good with the bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment